Called “a stone island in a sea of greenery”, the Aida Abbey was built around the primitive Church of San Silvestro, at the end of the VI century. The dodecagonal tower dates back to 1103 and is the symbol of the entire structure.
The new owners of the structure have carried out demanding restoration interventions, but essential for the conservation of the structure. At the same time as these maintenance works, others were carried out to adapt the different areas of the complex, which created a hotel residence and a high quality restaurant.
The vocation for hospitality has always been present in the history of this structure, ever since it was transformed from a place of worship and work into a residence for cardinals and popes.
In this splendid location for weddings in Umbria it is possible to celebrate symbolic and religious ceremonies. Religious ceremonies are celebrated in the magnificent XII century church, of Romanesque impact, embellished with a mosaic floor of pure cosmatesque art. The receptions are instead set up in the refined internal rooms or in the green spaces and in the external courtyards.
The property has 21 rooms and 7 suites, equipped with all the comforts.
To complete the picture there is a splendid panoramic swimming pool and the tennis court, perfectly set in the structure of the Abbey.
Would you like to know more? Contact-us!